1969: (Year 10)
- This was our 10th year with 1180 students and 53 staff.
- This year saw the introduction of the unit system of organisation. The 4 Houses have become 2 schools - East and West.
- Buildings still remain a concern. Construction of the gymnasium was started and will hopefully be ready for use in Term 1, 1970.
- In week 1 of the August holidays staff and students undertook a 6-day South Island trip, while in week 3 another 8-day trip to Curious Cove in Queen Charlotte Sound took place.
- Manurewa HS and Freyberg HS sports visits continue.
- Sports teams: 5 Rugby; 3 Soccer; Boys' and Girls' Hockey; Cricket; Netball and Basketball.
- The First Xi Soccer team wins the T.F.A. trophy for Senior Second Division.
- A College Brass Band is formed.
- Duke of Edinburgh scheme- 36 girls attempt Bronze and 20 the silver award.